I have a sensitive heart. My heart literally aches for people. Sometimes, I wish it would stop.
I don’t have to know you. You don’t have to be in my inner circle, but if we’ve had any connection and I feel that you’re going through something, I need to find a way to make your life a little brighter.
I believe we have a pandemic of loneliness in this world. We feel like our hands are tied with Covid, but every one of us can do something each day to bring joy and kindness to another person.
We have enormous power!
We can choose our words, reactions, emotions, and how we present ourselves to the world.
Choosing to be 100% authentic, honoring who we are, following our dreams, being proud of our talents and accomplishments, and valuing the education we have received no matter what that looks like.
Did you get a degree from Harvard or a certificate from clown school?
Does it matter?
Because each person in this scenario is equally important, intelligent, and powerful enough to make a difference in this world.
I have a soapbox, and I stand on it often when it comes to matters of the heart. I want everyone to feel loved. I want every child to feel wanted. I want everyone in my life to know that they matter.
People are hurting, and we have an opportunity to help them heal.
Here are five ways to be kind and spread joy without spending money!
1. Check on a friend: Call them. Text or Message them on social media. People tend to hurt in silence. They don’t want to be a burden. But they might allow you in if you open the door. You could be the person they needed at that moment. Hold the umbrella in their storm. Let them know they can rely on you.
2. Be encouraging: Respond to a post on social media. When your friends/followers post something, be encouraging! They could be struggling, and your encouragement might help them go the extra mile.
3. Listen. When someone needs to talk, share, or cry. Listen. You don’t have to fix it or control it. Just listen. You might be the only person that gives them time that day.
4. Say hello to a stranger. People don’t make eye contact anymore. You walk past somebody, and they look down. Say hello! What’s the worst that could happen? They might think you’re crazy, they might say hello, or they might walk away, but you started a conversation!
5. Pay someone a compliment. This is not hard, yet it is extremely hard. So Amberley, are you telling me to go up to anyone and pay them a compliment? Yes! Yes, I am.
Friend, or a stranger, pay them a compliment. “Nice shoes, dude.” “Love the color of your hair.” “Your dog is adorable!” I know that wasn’t a personal compliment, but dog people love it when someone compliments their dog!
Easy Peezy, right? No!
Putting ourselves out there is never easy, but these simple random acts of kindness will bring a smile to someone’s face, and make you feel wonderful in the process!
Amberley Charlotte ©2022
Photo cred: chris-curry-88-unsplash